For specific questions about your health needs or that of a loved one, seek the help of a healthcare professional. This isn’t a letter that you are submitting for a grade in school. It is a personal goodbye letter to drugs and alcohol. Do not get too caught up on perfect grammar, structure, or organization. goodbye letter to alcohol It is more important to make sure that you get out everything that you want to say. You may be talking to your future self with this letter, so providing words of encouragement can be helpful. Remind yourself that you can do this, and that drugs and alcohol do not need to control your life.
That is why I’m writing this goodbye letter to addiction today. Leaving you helped me focus on restoring my hope in living free from the grip of substance abuse. All of the good things I thought came from you, had come from me all along; you just made me think that I needed you to experience them. At Resurgence Behavioral Health, we offer free insurance verification to verify your benefits. Our team deals with your insurance provider on your behalf, ensuring you have the best drug treatment plan available. Our team determines the best possible treatment plan for you without cutting quality. We have offered to register you for therapy, rehabilitation, and coaching, and while you agreed to accept help, your actions have remained the same.
Resurgence Behavioral Health offers comprehensive programs and a therapeutic community for addiction that will guide you to a healthier path. Make this goodbye letter to addiction your last one. There is no middle ground, there is no third option, and no, you can’t have time to “think about it” and no, you can’t do it your way. I am truly hoping for a fairy tale ending, where you accept professional treatment and our family begins a recovery program.
- It’s okay to feel sad while writing your letter, but it’s also important to focus on the good things that are about to come.
- We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals.
- Not only have you cost me thousands of dollars, but you have also greatly jeopardized my relationships with people whom I loved dearly.
- For me, it was such a love-hate bond we had under the false pretense that I “needed” you to have fun, be social or to handle my emotions and stress.
- I don’t know why I didn’t do it before.
There was even a part of me that believed I could become a better person with you. You constantly blocked me from doing any of the things I wanted to do. In that sense, you quickly became my worst nightmare. Because of you, I ended up doing things that I never in a million years thought I would be capable of doing.
Ways How to Help an Alcoholic
We had a great relationship and you did exactly that. To be honest, when it’s all said and done, I’m probably the one at fault here. I really think you just wanted to be my buddy in the beginning. My weekend friend with with the fellas. I’m the one that dragged you along into my adult days. You’re a loyal dude, so you had no problem with that.
At first I didn’t notice it was you – it couldn’t be, because you were my friend. It is also a subreddit to share your helpful and civil ideas, tips, and advice on how https://ecosoberhouse.com/ others can improve themselves. I spent time in prison because of you. You sent me to the hospital more than a few times. I felt so alone, even though I had you.
Goodbye Alcohol: A Breakup Letter | Alcohol and You
As good as I felt when I was with you at times, I felt terrible during others. I missed out on important events and gave up things that once meant a lot to me. I hit some of the lowest points in my life, and I now realize that I am worth more. I will pursue new opportunities, achieve new goals, and adopt a healthy lifestyle. And to do all of this, I need you out of my life. When I got sober I went to detox, and then to an outpatient program.
- I’m not gonna say good-bye without a thank you.
- “You get the idea.” Nitrous, however, he managed to kick six months ago.
- We accept most PPO insurance, private forms of payment, and payment plans for cash payments.
- For specific questions about your health needs or that of a loved one, seek the help of a healthcare professional.
- I want you to know that I forgive you, but more importantly, I’m ready to forget you.
- Others choose to destroy their letters as a sign of being done with their addiction once and for all.